Alcoholic 2% chlorhexidine
Prevents surgical site infection, bacteremia and phlebitis
Bactiseptic is an antiseptic formulated with a solution of 2% chlorhexidine and 70% isopropyl alcohol, developed for general antisepsis of the skin in the operatory field, vascular access and other invasive procedures.
The product is effective according to EN 1276, EN 12791, EN 1650 and EN 13727.
It has an excellent residual effect and the disinfected area is clearly identified thanks to the product’s orange dye, which is easily removed from the skin.
• Greater effect than povidone iodine (3 hours).
• The orange dye ensures an optimal viewing of the application zone.
•The single stable tinted chlorhexide with a similar color to povidone iodine.
• Dye can be easily removed from the skin.
• Orange dye is not confused with other skin conditions such as bruises or phlebitis.
“Pre-operative cleansing of the skin of patients with alcoholic chlorhexidine (2% chlorhexidine in 70% isopropyl alcohol) is superior to cleansing with povidone-iodine for the prevention of surgical site infection”. Chlorhexidine–Alcohol versus Povidone–Iodine for Surgical-Site Antisepsis. N Engl J Med 2010;362:18-26.
Operatory field, puncture points, insertion of lines and catheters, blood drawn.
• Chlorhexidine digluconate 2%.
• Isopropyl alcohol 70%.
• Water and excipients.
• 40ml, 250ml and 500ml bottle with dropper cap.
• 250ml spray.
Also available in colorless format: Bactiseptic Clear.